"This state has put a lot of concentration on reforming the K-12 system, but we've done very little with early childhood education. We can't wait until they get to kindergarten because then we're just playing catch-up."
- Evelyn Keating
- Evelyn Keating
"Experts tell us that 90% of all brain development occurs by the age of five. If we don't begin thinking about education in the early years, our children are at risk of falling behind by the time they start Kindergarten."
- Robert. L. Ehrlich
- Robert. L. Ehrlich
"Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand."
- Chinese proverb
- Chinese proverb
The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called "truth."
-Dan Rather
Excellent quotes Rebecca. You went above and beyond. All of these quotes really emphasize how a stronger focus needs to be placed on early childhood education and development. They also reinforce our purpose for pursing a master's degree in this area.
ReplyDeleteRebecca, I enjoyed reading your quotes.The Color of us is a great book.
ReplyDeleteThe Chinese proverb (I thought Confucius said this) is one of my favorite quotes. And the quote is so relevant to students of all ages.
ReplyDelete