Presidential Quotes regarding education:
Education is not a problem. Education is an opportunity.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Lyndon B. Johnson
Poverty must not be a bar to learning and learning must offer an escape from poverty.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Lyndon B. Johnson
We have entered an age in which education is not just a luxury permitting some men an advantage over others. It has become a necessity without which a person is defenseless in this complex, industrialized society. We have truly entered the century of the educated man.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Lyndon B. Johnson
We must open the doors of opportunity. But we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Lyndon B. Johnson
Quotes about the importance of early childhood:
One of the most productive investments that is rarely viewed as economic development is early childhood development.
Arthur Rolnick
Quotes about passion:
My passion is to create a safer, more just world.
Louise Derman-Sparks
Stereotypes of any kind can damage a child’s full potential.
Louise Derman-Sparks
Hi. Great quotes. I really love the one about sterotypes from Louise Derman-Sparks. Stereotypes do have the potential to damage a child's full potential. I think it takes a strong person to overlook stereotypes and truely embrace equality and diversity.
ReplyDeleteHello Rebecca, I like the quote that you got from Lyndon B Johnson (Education is an opportunity).
ReplyDelete"Poverty must not be a bar to learning and learning must offer an escape from poverty."
ReplyDeleteThis quote might just be my motto when I begin teaching. I want my students (and their parents) to know and truly believe that poverty is not a hindrance to a quality education and learning.