Steps for establishing an early childhood contact in another country:
I first looked at the resource lists, and decided which countries I would be most interested in communicating with to expand my professional knowledge. I immediately thought of the world renowned success of education in the Asian nations. I contacted an early childhood professional in China and Japan. I also thought that learning about early childhood education in Canada may be interesting since it is our neighboring country. I am hoping to hear back from these contacts, but have not yet. I may need to consider the alternate assignment. Has anyone else had success with contacting someone from another country? If so, how did you go about this? I think it would be a valuable learning experience.
For the second part of this assignment, I chose the National Association for Early Childhood Teacher Educators- http://www.naecte.org/. As a kindergarten teacher, this is the site that seemed most applicable to my career (with the exception, of course of naecte website which I am already familiar.) Unfortunately the membership has a high fee, so I cannot become a member, but there is a wealth of information on the site, as well as access to newsletters which I believe will be a valuable resource.
I hadn't considered how interesting it would be to connect with a childhood professional in Japan or China due to their academic successes. Well done! Even just for comparison sake. I look forward to reading what you share about what you learn from your new professional connections.
ReplyDeleteRebecca,
ReplyDeleteI was able to contact some of these people through facebook. I was able to look up there profile and then link up with fellow educators all over the world. Along with that I used the UNICEF website to locate some of these educators. The common goal for this program is focused on early childhood education as well as other issues such hunger, poverty, schooling, and displacement of families. Good luck
Hi Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteI have not had any luck reaching anyone at this time but I am sure both of us will have someone or two to answer us soon. I left some thoughts on facebook like Cheryl. I got the ideal from her after reading her post. What a great ideal. I am hoping for replys soon.