Of all the things in my life that I cherish, it is the relationships with my family and friends that I cherish the most. I have been incredibly lucky to have meaningful, lasting relationships throughout my entire life. The people in my life had supported and been there for me in my times of need, and I could not imagine my life without them!
My boyfriend of four years and soon to be fiancé is the most important person in my life. He is my soul mate, and the person I will spend the rest of my life with. He makes me strive to be the best person I can be, as I believe that he is absolutely the best person I know! Our relationship is built on trust, loyalty, laughter, and love. To me, these are the key components of a lasting relationship.
My mother is a wonderful, giving person who has always been there to support me no matter what accomplishments, crazy ideas, or irresponsible decisions I have made. She has shown unconditional love to both my sister and myself, and would do anything she can for us. There have been many rocky times in my mom and my relationship; we often argue, compete, or just become annoyed with each other. However we are always forgiving and go back to having close relationship. I am also very close with my sister and dad, who have both always been an important part of my life.
My dogs, Spanky and Spadie, truly are irreplaceable members of our family. They are loving, loyal, and I spoil them like children!
I’m lucky to have wonderful, very unique relationships with my friends. My best friend and I became friends in kindergarten, and have been friends ever since. We were instantly connected by common interests and similar personalities. Though we did go through a few phases where we were not close, I always knew we would reconnect eventually. She has been there for almost every important event in my life! Our lives and paths are very different now, yet she is the first person I think of when I need good company! My other best friend and I have been friends for almost 10 years. We began getting to know each other through common friends, and eventually realized how well we got along. I can talk to her for hours and still think of things later that I wish I had talked to her about.
My relationships with these special people are extremely important to me. I know that I can always count on them to be there for me, and I trust them with all of my heart. I feel that these secure relationships give me confidence in all of the facets of my life, including my work. I feel comfortable with who I am, and am able to connect in a meaningful way with my students, and in most cases their families. I am also able to connect and communicate effectively with my co-workers, which with the rising demands of my job is a crucial piece of success.
You have a lot of people in your life that you have built important relationships with. I agree with you about family being most important. Good luck to you in your marriage and hope you continue to have that relationship between the two of you that you stated above. Marriage is a blessing and it takes the both of you to keep the relationship together.
ReplyDeleteHi Rebecca. You did an excellent job explaining your relationships and the impact that they have on your life. I really enjoyed seeing that you included your dogs. Mine or so important to me as well. Family is extremely important and dogs, although others may disagree, are family members and important members that cannot be replaced.
ReplyDeleteHi Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on your post! It sounds like you are very lucky to have the relationships you have. I like that you included your dogs They do become part of the family for sure.